I have been busy trying to complete the 2017 Goodreads Challenge so in the last few weeks I have motored through the following books:
- Kissinger: 1923-1968: The Idealist, by Niall Ferguson
- Turing’s Cathedral by George Dyson
- A Mind at Play (biography of Claude Shannon) by Jimmy Soni and Rob Goodman
- The Ascent of Money by Niall Ferguson
- The Information: A History, A Theory, A Flood by James Gleick
- Invisible Armies by Max Boot
- The Gene: An Intimate History by Siddhartha Mukherjee
- It Can’t Happen Here by Sinclair Lewis
That gets me to 14 out of the 20. I have a whole bunch of half-finished books on my Kindle for iPad app so I am confident I can get it done.
In parallel, I have been spending time building a number of LEGO Technic kits in parallel. I bought a Power Functions kit and a book that will help me understand how to create gearings with LEGO pieces. These LEGO Technic kit parts are compatible with my Mindstorms EV3 robot so I will be able to create some pretty cool models.